Misadventures of

Sunday, August 27, 2006

josh



me: dude, that gun is real isn't it?
josh: yeah, it's my dad's. he says being an assistant DA automatically makes him a deputy sheriff in this county.
me: oh right. . . um he isn't coming home tonight right? (nervous giggle)
josh: (pause . . . blank stare) no, u have those pills?
me: yeah sure here, my co-worker said she got a different script anyhow, she said these made her barf
josh: right, what did she get this time?
me: i don't remember, but i think these ones are stronger anyhow
josh: cool, these are all for me?
me: yeah, yeah. . . um, its not my thing.
josh: ok, thanks
me: so you really like looking at yourself in the mirror with that gun to your head don't you?
josh: um, yeah.
me: what do you think about?
josh: movies where dudes get their brains get splattered on a wall.
me: makes sense. do you want to die?
josh: of course.
me: oh. you into pain?
josh: not really.
me: cool, cool. but you won't really do it right?
josh: i want to watch it. like in super slow motion. if i could do it and be outside my body and be able to watch it again and again for eternity i would do it. but i know if i really do it i won't be able to watch. it'll just all be over. and no one would be able to appreciate it. especially my fucking asshole father.
me: true. hey why do you snort it?
josh: cause it's gonna make me barf. i don't want to waste any.
me: ah

3 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    poor josh. i've been there, sept i wouldn't do it with a gun. i'd do it with some kind of poison. maybe one that drove me insane, and before i died i destroyed the house, defecated myself, and scribbled down a really bizarre note. but i'd never use my death to exact revenge on the living. i'd only use it as an expression of fleeting freedom.

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger BrooklynSerpico said…

    yeah, the impression i get from josh is that if he did kill himself it would be all about punishing his family and his father especially.

    oh, and he likes putting the pistol in his mouth as well.

    calling dr. Freud . . .?

    Sublimation isn't just a river in Egypt.

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger David Saä V. Estornell said…

    hey, this is the DENNIS COOPER´s model!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home