Misadventures of

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Hanging Out After the Show



Chet: Cool party, you know the girl whose place this is?
Sammy: Yeah, Benny – she works at the club with us.
Chet: Oh, cool. Everyone at the venue was cool and really helpful with the show tonight.
Sammy: Thanks, most of us who work there are in bands too so we know what it’s like. Which band are you with?
Chet: The opener, Brothers and Sisters. Well actually I’m just the all purpose roadie and backup percussionist and driver.
Sammy: Very cool. You guys have a great sound. I loved that song you closed with, Without You. My band is trying that layered multi-vocalist thing as well – me, Benny, Stuart, who you met, and Pete the guy over there talking to Benny.
Chet: Oh that dude with the freaky long hair and the beard?
Sammy: Yeah that’s Pete. He’s my roommate too.
Chet: Ah, he kinda weirds me out. I keep catching him checking me out.
Sammy: Ha, yeah, well he kinda likes dudes and well, you are. . . um, handsome.
Chet: (Laughs).
Sammy: I like your tattoo.
Chet: Oh, thanks. Hey, can I bum a smoke?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home